Sunday, September 5, 2010

True Lies by Kanye West?

On Saturday, September 4, 2010 Kanye West reinstated: "I'm sorry Taylor". I wonder how it feels like being a constant target on a situation like this. A day before it happened (September 3, 2010), I was listening to his "Flashing Lights" song that was featured in Yahoo's New Commercial with my newest favorite actor (out of my list of favorite actors and actresses), Christian Kyriacou.

Just a day after, I learned through TMZ.com that he had expressed his sorrow through his Twitter account. I had recently signed up for Twitter, so I decided to begin following him. I began going through his tweets and came to the conclusion that this man (whether he was sober or not) was expressing publicly his extreme pain. We are not just talking about a hip hop icon, we are reading the words of someone being regretful. I don't believe that he was calling everyone's attention for his upcoming album. He doesn't need anymore publicity or fame; he has been singing for many years and he will always have a growing number of fans. I'm not worried about this being a publicity stunt.

twitter.com/melissadilan
What I'm worried about, is that we're dealing here with a person that has found a way to communicate to the world how sorry he is through writing, and some of the readers are still not appreciating that, in my perspective. Every reader and writer is free to express what he or she thinks. I believe you and I believe in you, Kanye. Everyone makes mistakes and what you did in front of Taylor once was  merely said to state your opinion, but you need to be more careful on how, when, or where you express what you feel for many reasons. What do you  all think?

No comments:

Post a Comment