Saturday, November 13, 2010

Exclusive interview with D.C.

D.C. (In the photo) above, is influenced by 50 Cent.
Derek Colbert, much better known as D.C. (@DCtheprez),  is an Oklahoma City native that has been rapping for three years! This 23 year old fantastic and talented man, who's birthday is on July 9th, has a very appealing music style to share with the world! His idols in music are: Jay Z, Kanye West , and 50 cent; some of the most successful hip hop / rap stars ever in history. After watching 50 cent on an XXL video, D.C. felt the urge that it was actually the right time to begin his journey. The successful rapper 50 Cent was ultimately the channel D.C. utilized as a primary motivation to continue and never give up on what he wants to achieve within this career. Subsequently, he teamed up with his partner Marco and created: Musikhead. D.C. revealed in this interview also that he is not only a fan of legendary rappers. When he is not listening to rap, he loves to listen to Linkin Park! I have to admit that my favorite performance of D.C. is track #6 (Flashing Lights) of the mixtape he made on Kanye West .So now, let's see what D.C. has to say:

1. Why is 50 cent your biggest influence? What did you really see in 50 cent that motivated you to be who you are today?
50 cent is my biggest influence cause he showed me that no matter where you come from, no matter  what your situations are,  if you want it bad enough you can achieve it. He went through hell for his music and that's how I feel about mine. I believe in myself so much that I can't fail even if I do fail.  I just need to be heard by the right people.




2. Tell us about Musikhead. When did it begin and how was it born?
Musikhead is my heart and soul. It started back in 2007 when me and my partner Marco decided to do this music stuff. We feel that name embodies everything I do in my music cause I tell you how I feel and don't care how you feel about it. I can do many types genres of music and that name is just perfect for me.


3. How far do you wish to go with music?
With this music I'm seriously looking to be a well known singer / rapper that everybody will respect and understand cause I have alot to say in my music. I just need people to listen to me. I literally want to take over the game and be in everybody's top 5 all time list!




4. I see that you are also very interested in the music and talent of Kanye West. What do you think about his new song "Runaway"?
I am a big Kanye West fan and always will be, his song Runaway is like a masterpiece to me cause he's changing the style of music and I think people don't understand him. That's why when they hear his stuff everybody catches feelings; they want him to stick
to the traditional abc rap and that stuff doesn't cut it anymore. I rate the song Runaway with an A++++++++ !




5. What is musikamerica.com comprised of? Do you plan on creating a website dedicated just to yourself as a rapper, as a person?
Musikamerica.com is a site where everybody can come and post there mixtapes and just talk about hip hop in general.  I do plan on making a real website just for me;  havent got to that yet though.  I'm about to start making a bunch of music videos for my songs too and I have to do everything myself so it takes a little longer, but I love what i'm doing and will keep doing it.


These are some direct links to D.C.'s music / mixtapes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment