Friday, November 19, 2010

Exclusive interview with Obehi

Obehi has transformed her own life into a beautiful melody with her inspirational performances. The talented R&B singer takes very seriously what she does. As a matter of fact, she is absolutely not scared of being herself at all times. Her honesty and passion are two elements in her life that are particularly driving more fans to her. Her  fascinating website illustrates and portrays her achievements and support from loyal fans and admirers. Now let's see what Obehi has to share with us today!


1. Tell us about how your career and interest for the music began: Were you one of those kids that used to hold a toy microphone and sing along their favorite songs  24/7?
Oh no, the opposite! I was really shy growing up - a real closet hairbrush singer. My interest was sparked by watching pop artists perform and I was consumed with the desire to be on THAT stage. I used to daydream of performing to my audience, but back then it seemed like a fantasy. One day I realized that the artists I watched...Britney, Christina, Beyonce...they all started like me...they were once kids who transformed their dreams into much much more.


2.Who do you consider is your biggest influence in the R&B industry and why?
If I had to pick just one I would say Beyonce. She is an amazing performer and works really hard at what she does. I find that really inspiring. It makes me want to work harder, fight harder and keep improving and getting better at what I do. Being a performer for me is like being an athlete and great athletes strive to be the best.
3. Do you write your own songs? If so, do they talk about your own stories?                Yes, I do write my songs - they're about things that I empathize with; things that I have witnessed and I always take from my emotions, putting myself into my songs. Writing for me is very unscripted and I can be inspired by anything and everything.




4. Are you ready for Frankenstein live?  Tell us about that intriguing event! (Interview was made a few days ago)
Definitely!! I am so excited. It is going to be one of my longer sets performing my debut EP and my new EP which is out February next year.It’s going to be a night of live music from myself and some other great bands. I am really looking forward to it.
5. Have you considered moving the US?
Not right now, but never say never. I love Scotland. It’s really beautiful and I love being part of a growing R&B/Pop music scene (bringing something little different to what you would normally expect). I love a good challenge.







 6.  If you don't mind me asking, what was that transition all about? It must have not been easy moving from Nigeria as a child to Glasgow. How did that impact your life?
Well I was really young so I don’t remember much about it- blame my memory of a fish. I think it impacted my life in a positive way because it means I adapt well to change and sudden changes don’t face me much.
 7. What is your favorite part of this career? What do you enjoy the most?
There are so many parts that I can’t pick just one. I love writing, playing around with my keyboard working on new tracks; I love love performing!


8. How can your fans show their support for you? Do you have a fan club website? Fans can show their support for me by using sites they are already on: facebook -http://www.facebook.com/obehionline , myspace- http://www.myspace.com/obehionline , twitter- http://twitter.com/obehionline, leaving comments on my official website news - http://www.obehionline.com/news/. Signing up to my fan mailing list is another great way to stay in touch with what’s going on and the best part is that fans who sign up receive a free MP3 download of one of my tracks http://obehionline.fanbridge.com/  Their support means the world to me; every artist loves to know that their work is being appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment