Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Missing Florida Girl (Nadia Bloom) Found in Everglades


These are the type of stories we don’t have enough of. I surely thought this girl was alligator food for sure after missing for 4 days.

But, somebody up there was watching!

From My Fox Tampa Bay:

Missing 11-year-old Nadia Bloom has been found alive. A searcher from her church found her Tuesday morning. Metro Church volunteer James King said he "prayed to God for help" as he searched for missing Nadia Bloom.

"My wife reminded me that every time we lose something, when we pray in the Spirit, the Lord shows us where it's at," said King during a news conference.
King described the events leading up to Nadia's rescue.

"I went into the woods. It was rough and at one point I got a stick in my eye, but I made it in with the Lord and the Lord directed me. I went a little bit south. After going into the woods, I was heard the 417. I checked my GPS and noticed I was further south than where I thought that I should be. I prayed and the Lord said go east, look to the sunrise, follow the sun."

King said the terrain was rough and hard to navigate, but he eventually came upon a high, dry and clear patch of land.

"I'd be praying in the Spirit, speaking scriptures and yelling, 'Nadia!' and then I heard, 'What!' and I said, 'That way, right there!' I said, 'Nadia, it's Mister King,' and she remembered me from church."

Kind called 911 on a cell phone that has GPS tracking.

"She was a little disappointed that the trail mix didn't have M&Ms, but I gave her an apple and she ate the apple."

King used toilet paper as a marker for search helicopters. "I started stringing toilet paper around to make a target for helicopters to see, and it took them a long time to see."

His wife, Diana, told FOX 35 that her husband, who had been volunteering in search efforts over the past couple days, had to continue searching. "He came back about 9:30 last night. He was very tired. Knee-deep in water, he had fallen," she said. "He had been praying about it all night."

When Diana asked her husband if he needed to take someone with him on his search, she said he replied, "The Lord and I will do it just fine and I'll keep you informed."

Diana said it wasn't long after his departure that she received a text message from James saying Nadia was, "safe in my arms."
Full story.

Miracles happen everyday all around you if you just pay atttention.

Via MyFox Tampa Bay

The Last Tradition

No comments:

Post a Comment