Thursday, December 2, 2010

Exclusive Interview with Felix Ryan

Felix Ryan is not the ordinary actor you expect to see on every glimpse that you catch of him when in action. His passion for the performing arts such as dancing and acting has opened to him the doors to a world of endless opportunities that he has not taken for granted. His eternal attachment to acting is now reflected on his character: Spike in the upcoming new season of The Power Rangers Samurai, which will premiere on 2011.



Felix in the music video: Bubble Gum, by The Stunners
1.How young were you when you began acting? Also, Considering that you have successfully gone this far, did you understand back then how competitive this field really is?
Well I technically started acting when I was born because I feel that life is an act haha... I started to pursue acting and was brought into the entertainment industry when I was about 17 years young. I definitely was and still am aware of the competition in this industry. I started off doing a lot of extra work to get a better knowledge of how everything works, such as: camera work, communication, taking directions, and on lots of other important information needed before I could start auditioning for leading/supporting roles. One thing I learned is that every little aspect counts;like a cook book. You must take directions just like you do with a recipe. One must have potential, dedication, determination, and be committed/obligated in their role/work.


2.Can you tell us more about your role as "Spike" in The Power Rangers Samurai (2011)? 
 I can definitely relate to the character I play on Power Rangers. He has a very energetic, spontaneous, crazy personality; but also has a romantic and soft side, like myself. I am blessed to be in the position to be playing this character and to be part of this phenomenal franchise. From watching it as a little kid to performing for other kids is truly magical to me.



3. What inspired you to become such a big supporter of charity organizations?
I am a person who enjoys helping others. If one gives one will receive. I grew up around children and performing for many of them. One of my favorite charity organization is Save The Children. When I needed help I was fortunate enough to have that miraculous support. I do as much as I can to help others around me that need help.



4. I'm quite impressed with your performance on "The Dancing Magician". Did you work in collaboration with a choreographer to create your dancing pieces? Despite you are an actor, how impacting to you was to shoot the scene where you discover a young man who is about to commit a horrible act of terror? 
Hahahaha well thank you for finding me impressive haha... I put a whole lot of time into everything I did and continue to do. When I dance I like to feel the music, forget about everything else, and just give it my all. So in other words not a big fan of choreography, I like freestyle and just living through the music. As the years go by, more and more acts or terrorism are occurring within young men/women. There will always be terrorism, it's just extremely heartbreaking when young children, men, & women are involved. I have lost many young friends for unnecessary reasons. Just the thought has an enormous impact on me.


5. How was your experience as a dancer for Katy Perry's music video Hot N' Cold? How much time and practice did you and the rest of the dancing crew had to put into it? 
That music video was one of the first music videos I have worked on. It was an awesome experience working with Katy Perry. She has a great, fun personality. The crew had a few days of rehearsals with long hours. It was an awesome set to be on, especially with such an amazing director.




Felix Ryan on "Marlon the Nerd"

6. How do you visualize yourself in the future? Would you like to focus more into acting, or would you stil like like to execute both dancing and acting careers simultaneously? 
I definitely am going towards acting. I incorporate both dancing and magic into my acting when I can. When I get asked "Are you a dancer/magician?", my answer is always no... I am an actor who is fortunate enough to have those talents.

7. How does it feel to have your dream come true? 
My answer to that is that I have been living the dream way before I started pursuing my career as an actor. There should only be ONE "the dream" for everyone.. and that is to live happily with your family. That is the only dream I have, all other things are just goals of mine that I will work as hard as I can to pursue.



No comments:

Post a Comment